Deaf adults in India, Uganda, Ghana, Rwanda, and Nepal use peer tutoring to improve literacy skills among Deaf children and adults. A three-year project is building upon an earlier pilot project that had success training Deaf peer tutors. Deaf tutors provide sign language-based literacy tutoring to Deaf students. The current project began in 2017 and is to continue through 2020.
Learn more about the ongoing project from 2017 to 2020 at these links:
- The Peer-to-Peer Deaf Multiliteracies project plan
- Article summarizing the current project and how it builds upon the pilot project
Learn more about the original pilot project in 2015 using Deaf peer tutors in India, Uganda, and Ghana at these links:
- An announcement about launching the pilot project in 2015
- An article describing what researchers were then doing during the pilot project
- Another overview of what researchers did during the pilot project. Including bibliography of publications and research resulting from the pilot project.